xtraX MC Cartridge
A Pinnacle in Moving Coil Cartridge Mastery
- The body is precision CNC machined from solid aluminum alloy and hard anodized.
- Threaded body to accept the supplied stainless steel thumb screws for correct coupling of
the cartridge body to the tonearm headshell.
- Three specifically designed contact points CNC machined into the top of the body that provide the exact mechanical coupling required.
- Alignment ridge on the front top that assists mounting XtraX to any Vertere tonearm.
- The low-mass generator utilizes a Samarium-Cobalt magnet with a low-mass cross coil made of pure virgin copper wires.
- The low-mass generator is mounted into the high-mass body using a Quad-Point Contact with Four Stainless’ Spike’ Screws for optimum support and control of unwanted mechanical vibrations.
- The telescopic aluminum tube cantilever utilizing two different aluminum materials – maximizes stiffness without a massive high Q peak.
- Nude Micro Elliptical single crystal diamond stylus tip for maximum tracking ability without compromising the high-frequency response or increasing surface noise.
- Square shank diamond assembly maximizes alignment precision, consistency and rigidity.
- Wideband frequency response of below 10Hz to 45kHz.
- Output of 0.45mV will provide a lifelike dynamic range with depth and precision.
4.3mV (@ 5cm/sec.)
Recommended input load
850Ω – 1k5Ω
Recommended Tracking Weight
2.0 g (1.90g – 2.10g)
10 Hz -45 kHz
Minimum 28 dB
12 x 10-⁶ cm/dyne (@100Hz)
Mounting to stylus
Head-shell to stylus
Nude | Micro Eliptical (7.5×15.5 μm)
Aluminum – Telescopic
Special Vertere Tri-Point M2.5 Threaded Fixing Holes
Special Quad-Point Contact Four stainless ‘spike’ screws