To eliminate the ‘loss’ of information due to unwanted bearing chatter, Vertere has designed a Tri Point Articulated bearing or TPA. Three silicon nitride precision balls and a precision machined pivot point provide the support and the articulation for the arm. Although the tonearm may appear to behave as a uni-pivot, it is however, without any of the bearing ‘chatter’, preserving as much of the signal information as possible. The result is a life like dynamic response with unexpected clarity, musicality detail – truly unparalleled.
Benefitting enormously from the work done in developing the Reference Tonearm, the Vertere SG-1 MkII Tonearm provides unsurpassed performance in its class.
To achieve breath-taking musical performance, the Vertere SG-1 Tonearm utilises a combination of quality materials including roll-wrapped carbon-fibre, stainless steel, aluminium alloys and silicon nitride. Its unique bearing design and versatile anti-skate adjustment make it an ideal partner for any high-quality turntable.
- SG-1 Tri-Point Articulated bearing eliminates loss of information.
- Non-resonant, high-rigidity roll-wrapped carbon fibre arm tube.
- Bias-curve adjustable anti-skate mechanism.
- Decoupled stainless-steel main counterweight.
- Adjustment ring for fine-tuning of tracking weight and arm/cartridge resonance control.
|Type||Tri Point Articulated|
|Arm Tube||Wrapped Carbon Fibre|
|Bearing Structure||Captive Silicone Nitride Ball (x3)
– Precision Stainless Point
|Counter Weight||Stainless Steel
– Stainless Steel T/W Adj. Sleeve
– Pulse Hand-built or Standard
|Connector||Proprietary Cartridge Tags & 5-Pin
– x3 Thickness Gold Plated Contacts
– Pulse Han-Built, Pulse-R, Pulse-B, Pulse-C & D-Fi